Title: Electrical Engineer
City: Huntington Beach
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-9673791931
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Electrical Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Huntington Beach, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Responsible for the design of digital and electronic components used across the business unit product lines.
- Tasks include generating specifications and creating or reviewing designs, tests, debugging and some C or C++ programming, as well as technical leadership for teams internally and with suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to design digital and analog electronic circuits to meet functional requirements.
- Ability to specify analog circuit components to satisfy spec requirements.
- Ability to analyze digital circuit clocking and triggering issues.
- Ability to incorporate electronic circuit designs using FPGAs.
- Ability to incorporate embedded microprocessors within an electronic system design.
- Ability to assemble, debug, and adjust digital and analog circuit boards using electronic test equipment.
- Ability to analyze power supply and filtering electronic designs.
- Ability to design for, evaluate designs, and debug EMI protection issues.
- Ability to design electronic layouts for consideration of vibration, thermal control, and testability.
- Knowledge of electric motor design, selection, and specifications.
- Experience in working on electronic equipment in an ESD-protected environment.
- Ability to draw circuit schematics, wire lists, and component layouts using ECAD tools.
- Ability to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on tests for qualification of electronic circuits.
- Evaluates and resolves electronic design related production problems.
- Ability to read, modify, and debug computer software source code in C or C++.
- May provide technical leadership and direction to small teams.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Education: BS in (an) the Electrical Engineering discipline, Physics or equivalent (with education and experience in electrical engineering).
- A minimum of 12 years of experience with a BS, 8 years with MS or 6 years with PHD degree.
- Hands-on experience in creating, debugging, or testing electronic circuits.
- Ability to design, evaluate, test, and debug digital and analog electronic circuits.
- Ability to read and analyze reports, drawings, and schematics.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team leadership experience, 3+ years.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail.
- Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.