Performs electrical engineering duties in the areas of power distribution control, process, electrical and field engineering. Provides technical support to electrical repair supervisor and others as needed. Uses independent judgment in analyzing electrical engineering aspects of process and systems implemented at the plant. Works from general policies and objectives. Refers to supervisor when clarification or interpretation of organization policy is needed. Exercises work supervision over electricians and other labor positions associated with electrical processes and applications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical support in the areas of programmable logic control, electrical machinery, instrumentation, emission monitoring systems, electrical power systems and other activities involved in the use of electrical engineering principles and applications.
- Maintains plant electrical and control systems documentation. Requires generation and revisions of CAD files, manual drawings, control logic logs, equipment specifications, etc.
- Plans, recommends, designs and supervises the installation and commissioning of projects which are of electrical or control system and/or data acquisition systems in nature, or require electrical engineering support.
- Studies new products available in the market, analyzes their processing applications and makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Performs computer programming and other data processing support duties. Solves problems associated with software and hardware, and writes custom tailored programs to monitor performance and increase productivity.
- Participates in various plant committees and performs other administrative duties as requested by plant management such as specifying electrical equipment, writing budget proposals, etc.
- Designs and conducts specific training relating to electrical systems, maintenance, equipment, etc. for technicians and electricians.
- Communicates, coordinates and evaluates job responsibilities of electricians with the Electrical Supervisor. Communicates and coordinates with other supervisors as needed for other craft/labor duties as may be required.
- Participates in evaluating the performance of electricians and technicians.
- Assists Electrical Supervisor in the planning process of various electrical projects when needed
- May fill in for Electrical Supervisor when supervisor is not at plant
- May participate in interviewing prospective electrical workers and supervisors.
- Maintains awareness of current industry trends and practices by attending professional association meetings, seminars and/or reading trade journals and industry magazines.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering theories, principles and techniques.
- Working knowledge of contract management practices and cement manufacturing processes.
- Strategic planning, decision making, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to use engineering equipment such as measuring devices, calculators, computers, etc.
- Ability to climb ladders and walk over rough, slippery and uneven surfaces.
- Must be available for off-hour assistance for equipment breakdown/malfunctions.
- Knowledge of electrical and control systems, instrumentation, computer operations, and other related technical areas preferred.
- Ability to understand and operate computer software and hardware preferred.
- Ability to use engineering and electronic equipment such as measuring devices, calculators and computers preferred.
- B.S. degree in Engineering. Primary emphasis in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration also preferred.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org