Company Description Summary:
The primary function of this position is to design, test, and maintain logic code for CNC’s and PLC’s that will control large scale machine tools. This individual will develop software and hardware which fulfills the requirements of project specifications using structured analysis and design techniques. With minimal supervision, the individual will design, code, test and document the software. Tasks will be performed in conjunction with Supervision and the Project Engineer to formulate specifications and requirements for the software.
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new, complex designs to meet project specifications.
- Works with supervision to maintain project schedules, quality, and costs.
- Supports the development and maintenance of logic on all products.
- Engineering to develop Hardware and CNC + PLC Logic + Gcode
- Works directly with project engineering to develop CNC configurations and parameters.
- Must Engineer and develop interface to HMI’s and front end computers.
- Systems (Start-Up) and performing functional machine tests on the shop floor.
- Documents designs using the appropriate format to customer standards as required by the project.
- Debugs software modules and systems, also performs simulation checkout of systems.
- Assists production personnel in applying software products.
- Install software at customer’s site and assists customer in using software products.
- Assists with any other tasks as needed.
- Provides assistance to other functional organizations (Manufacturing, Assembly, and Customer Service) throughout the life of the project.
- Has responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
- Maintains technical competency and works to expand technical skills and knowledge.
- Some travel may be required for this position. (10%)