Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for maintenance and project development for the electrical system. In addition, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for reducing electrical costs and improving equipment reliability.
- Provide guidance to electricians and trades helpers in the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical and control systems including daily process problem solving and measurement activities that enable continuous plant operations.
- Ensure the operational viability of the plant by evaluating and maintaining the proper functioning of all electrical and control systems.
- With the Maintenance Planner: Plans, designs and coordinates corrective maintenance projects including developing timelines to work on projects which have the highest priority to the electrical department and the plant and will maximize the availability of the plant equipment.
- Provide problem solving and root cause analysis, component design, preparation of contract documents and scopes of work, planning, coordinating, and scheduling work required, supervision of contractors, ordering materials to ensure project efficiency and success.
- Design and implement electrical engineering projects for the plant and implement investment projects in response to specific plant needs while ensuring quality, cost, and timelines are met.
- Coordinate and supervise contractors for electrical projects to ensure that electrical work is completed according to specifications and costs.
- Provide technical assistance for electricians for the installation of electrical equipment and troubleshooting of electrical problems to maintain plant operations.
- Support and consult plant management in the field of electrical engineering for optimization of plant operation, responsibility for keeping records, updated technical documentation and drawings created by CAD systems.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to the plant for all shifts by participating in the plant’s on call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for maintenance incidents after hours and on weekends while on call and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency.
- Participate in the implementation of the overall Company Electrical, Instrument and Process Control Concepts for all plant projects.
- Performs Engineering design and review functions in conjunction with other personnel. Duties may include design, performance verification, evaluating proposals, improvement project studies and justifications. Uses AutoCAD for technical drawings.
- Responsible for technical documentation management.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology is required.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the field of electrical engineering and project management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in providing support for heavy manufacturing, cement manufacturing preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Project. Fluent with NEC, NFPA, ISA, etc.
- Good familiarity with the operation and maintenance of common electrical equipment such as power distribution system, breakers, high voltage system, air condition and pressurization systems, variable speed medium voltage drives/motors, transformers, switchgear, MCC equipment and power monitoring and communication systems.
- Ability to thoroughly understand all system analytical studies including short circuit, coordination, load flow, motor starting and arc flash.
- Understanding of the justification process for projects including EVA, IRR, NPV.
- Understanding of contractual matters (negotiation and legal aspects).
- Good investment market pricing knowledge and cost awareness.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and project management, problem solving and creativity, strategic thinking, and decision making.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good knowledge of CAD software (design of system installations)
- Familiar with PLC/DCS and HMI architecture, in particular, Cemat S7 software and hardware.
- Willingness to travel within local area.
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org