Steel Manufacturer has an immediate need for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to maintain the drive and control systems. This will include troubleshooting and project work.
- Maintain the drive and control systems for the area assigned. Develop and maintain system preventative/predictive maintenance schedules.
- Lead and assist in system troubleshooting and repairs. Work with maintenance staff to determine the root cause of all electrical failures and develop/implement solutions to stop recurrence.
- Provide troubleshooting support to electrical technicians after normal working hours when needed.
- Develop understanding of existing PLC programs on all equipment. Program and implement PLC modifications as corrective actions to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Maintain and improve electrical documentation.
- Develop long and short term plans for equipment improvements.
- Assist in planning equipment outages and upgrades. Assist maintenance service provider and contractors during these plans.
- Work with contractors and vendors to implement large projects. Develop cost, benefits, plans for installation, and training needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology degree is required.
- At least 3 years experience with control systems and PLC’s.
- Experience with all types of drive systems including tuning and troubleshooting AC VFD and SCR controls.
- PLC design, programming, installation, and troubleshooting experience. Rockwell Contrologix or Siemens PLC Series 5/7 is a plus.
- HMI programming and maintenance experience. Experience with Intellution is preferred.
- Field service, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement project experience.