endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Electrical/Automation Engineer to design and develop new technology to automate production for progressive product forming for a mass production metal forming manufacturing company.
5 to 7 years work experience.
- Design, test, integrate and develop new machinery / processes and modify existing machinery and processes using technology such as robotics, electrical control systems, HMI’s, PLC’s, servos, and computer systems.
- Development, integration, implementation, and maintenance of systems that automate processes will be the primary function in supporting engineering value streams.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Automation and Systems Integration, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong technical experience in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in PLC and HMI programming, Servo motor applications, automated conveyors, automated systems, integration, and robotics.
- Project Management:Developing and following project plans including detailed milestone setting and timeline generation to ensure key milestones are met in line with overall program timings.
- Support manufacturing operations during prototype, pre-production, and production
- Assist in diagnosing field issues and developing corrective actions.
- Assist in material selection for mating components, such as connectors, sensors, cabling, EMC shielding, and enclosures.
- Application of optimal technology to meet or exceed customer and commercial requirements per the product requirements specification.
- Experience and working knowledge of and ensure compliance to all robotics, electrical, and automation safety devices and requirements and specifications
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and compliance activities within prescribed area.
- Develop solutions to improve product quality and reduce product cost.
- Develop design control documentation to support new product development, write change notices, and develop project requirements.
- Develop test methods to verify and validate design changes.
- Interface with vendors as well as clients to resolve design and manufacturing issues, including occasional travel.
- Proven experience with Automation in the Mechanical Engineering field
- Experience with developing and writing computer code from scratch to create computer programs for industrial needs and environment
- Experience with industrial PLC platforms including Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and Automation Direct
- Provide technical support, problem-solving, maintenance, modifications, and continuous improvement for automated systems and controls
- Works cross-functionally to optimize current equipment and develops control architecture and specifications for functions, user interface and quality control for high reliability.
- Design electrical circuits, components, assemblies, and systems including modeling, component selection, and mechanical layout and packaging
- Extensive experience with all commonly used industrial sensors including but not limited to laser, vision, LVDT, proximity, and fiber optic.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Professional engineer license
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing, Material Handling, Automation, Controls, Project management.
- Mechanical, Hydraulic, and/or Servo press experience and transfer systems
- Engineering experience in design, coding, testing, deployment and support.
- CAD design and robotics simulation.
- FEA and CAE experience and extensive knowledge of
- Experience with computer and industrial networks.
- Manufacturing plants and machinery experience