ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR
Seeking Plant Electrical Engineer with experience supervising a team of electricians. Will coordinate activities of all electricians engaged in repair and maintenance relating to plant electrical power distribution and utilization, including replacement, construction and electrical instrument repair by performing the following duties.
- Directly supervises five employees in the Electrical Department . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Advises employees of job duties and responsibilities during bidding procedures; observe and evaluate performance; arrange for time off; review daily time cards for attendance; check for work order and equipment numbers and approve hours worked.
- Conduct safety inspections of the department and maintain good housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Conduct safety meetings of departmental employees.
- Conduct Continuous Improvement meetings as required.
- Maintains the Electrical Department job/task training and competency spreadsheet for employees.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Plans, designs and installs equipment, electrical power control and lighting.
- Supervises the installation, removal, connection, and replacement of electrical motors.
- Inspects wiring and fixtures for conformance to plant and MSHA specifications or National Electrical Code.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections of all electrical equipment; troubleshoots problems when necessary.
- Checks electric meters and records readings bi-monthly.
- Prepares labor and material cost estimates for proposed plant projects.
- Places requisitions for materials and parts from storerooms and vendors. Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Participate in developing the annual departmental budget.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the shop, department, or work crew.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year College or university; or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years experience in an industrial plant environment.
- 3 years supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to Read blueprints
- Knowledge and experience working with computers.
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad software
- Knowledge of PLC Programing Techniques and software.
- Knowledge of motor controls and instrumentation
- Knowledge of VFD’s
- Knowledge of medium voltage equipment. Breakers, relays, motors, safety.
- Knowledge of SAP, requisitions, and work order process and general knowledge of database software; design software; Internet; manufacturing software; Order processing systems; project management software; spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Cement & Lime
Cement & Lime