Electrical Engineer – GSE Manufacturer – Swanton, OH
This company manufactures and distributes a diverse range of highly-engineered ground support equipment (GSE) product lines. Their extensive engineering capabilities and customer collaborations have driven innovative solutions that support safe and efficient aircraft ground operations. They occupy an array of aviation industries including OEM and defense. 5 subsidiaries have been acquired within the last several years. With sales and repair centers across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, the company seeks to become the become world’s largest manufacturer of GSE.
The Electrical Engineer will design new electronic aircraft ground support products in addition to providing technical support for products currently in production. This individual must possess the vision necessary to advance the company’s vehicle product lines in anticipation of current and future customer demands.
- Contribute electrical engineering to the design and production of various ground support equipment, including Tier 3 and Tier 4 engines systems
- Utilize SolidWorks Electrical CAD software to design technical drawings, schematics, and models
- Develop electrical systems that produce 115 VAC at 400 Hz. and/or 28VDC output from a diesel driven genset or transformer
- Evaluate quality and performance through the performance of quality control analysis tests and inspections of products, services, or processes
- Create, prototype, and test production units based on analytical needs and product requirements
- Budget new product development and testing of new products
- Provide training on electrical equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet customer specifications
- S. in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years of experience working with diesel engines, gensets, alternators, rectifiers, and circuits
- Knowledgeable of Aerospace Industry equipment and aircraft electrical systems
- Ability to calculate electrical power in a variety of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Ability to write code and program CPLD
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds occasionally unassisted
- Ability to travel as required (driving, flying, etc.)
If interested, please apply directly to this posting.