Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Code: EB-2575802393
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Electrical Engineer to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Reno, NV.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Design system interfaces to integrate the mission, or avionic systems, with existing aircraft systems.
- Detail design tasking includes creation of system wiring diagrams, electrical cable assembly, and cable installation drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, and Test Procedure development using Interface Control Documents.
- Engineering liaison activities will include support to manufacturing, production installation, and system test.
- Electrical Design engineer will sometimes perform own system engineering roles regarding avionics interfaces.
- 5-8 years of experience.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- MS Office, knowledge of AutoCad for electrical drawing creation.
- Knowledge of wiring diagram and cable assembly drawing preparation and interpretation.
- Knowledge of electrical design for aircraft avionics, electrical systems and components. An understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals in both analog and digital electronics.
- Minimum of 6+ years of aircraft electrical design and/or liaison experience.
- Understanding of wiring/cabling/connector materials, electrical loads, and familiarity with SAE-AS-50881.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required. Must be willing to travel occasionally from the home facility (job site) to the main plant.
- Requires climbing ladders and stairs and working outdoors and on aircraft.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.