A major American steel manufacturer is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for their Finishing Cold Mill Department. Under the direction of the Maintenance Section Manager, the Electrical Engineer position is responsible for providing technical expertise to plan, coordinate and execute engineering tasks required for proper and timely completion of repairs during downturns, outages and breakdowns as well as to design and troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems. This includes relay logic, motor controls, motor regulators, programmable logic controllers, personal computers and instrumentation.
- Design and installation supervision of projects that directly reduce down time or improve product quality.
- Troubleshoot and supervise repairs of electrical systems.
- Replace substandard systems.
- Identify failed components and causes that led to their failure.
- Assist in outages.
- Contact, contractors, outside engineering firms and oversee work of outside contractors.
- Perform “root cause analysis” and prepare corrective action reports.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor Degree
- Proficient computer skills
- On the job training or equivalent experience of 3 – 5 years
- Strong Communication skills for all levels
- Strong Troubleshooting and analytical skills