The Electrical Engineer serves as a member of the engineering team and will be responsible for designing and analyzing low and medium-voltage industrial power distribution systems, including onsite power generation and distribution for standby and emergency configurations and the associated control systems. The Electrical Engineer will serve on, and sometimes lead, various project teams for customer projects ranging from upgrading and retro-fill of existing systems to completing green-field, turn-key systems. This role will also perform power system maintenance work, including breaker testing, switch testing, and protective relay testing. They will be familiar with all appropriate OSHA and NFPA safety standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design controls for generator plants to include switchgear, transfer switches, fuel system, support equipment, and monitoring
- Design and specify generator systems and power distribution equipment
- PLC and HMI programming to include Siemens, GE, Allen Bradley, and Automation Direct
- Lead the on-site installation and commissioning
- Calibrate PID loops for generator loading, governor controls, and voltage regulator controls
- Training customers on generator plant operations and maintenance
- Assist the sales department in Job Estimating and Quoting
- Troubleshoot failed electrical equipment – some as emergency response
- Equipment testing, including circuit breakers, protective relays, generators, and transfer switches
- Provide Technical Support to both PPSI technicians and customers
Education & Qualifications:
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited ABET university Engineering Technology degree is acceptable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited ABET university.
- Experience in the design, installation, and commissioning of generator plants ranging from 100kW to 50MW.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Covid-19 vaccination preferred.