Electrical Engineer Project Leader
If you have experience with electrical programming and wiring and enjoy designing unique systems to solve customer problems, consider an Electrical Engineer Project Leader position with our client! Strong communication and problem-solving skills coupled with AutoCAD experience would make you the perfect candidate for this position.
We have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person.
Join the team at a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace and Sheboygan County's Manufacturer of the Year today!
The Electrical Engineer Project Leader provides technical expertise in design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and installation of specified packaging equipment.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (can be flexible)
Minimal to moderate, as required.
Electrical Engineering Manager
- Education generally equivalent to a (4) year degree in an Electrical Engineering program or related discipline or equivalent training and experience.
- 0-3 years of engineering design experience with packaging equipment.
- 3-5 years of PLC and HMI programming experience
- PLC, HMI and motion control programming experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate design.
- Ability to use hand tools and basic electronic measuring devices.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Eplan, AutoCAD, and ERP systems.
- Networking and communication hardware and protocols.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical wiring.
- Understanding of packaging machines and process.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides services relating to the successful installation, start-up, and commissioning of packaging equipment. Travels to customer locations as required.
- Performs machine testing (powering up and check-out functions) and troubleshooting to certify packaging equipment for customer acceptance.
- Responsible for the design and layout of packaging equipment electrical components and systems.
- Performs drafting of electrical component schematic designs, panel layouts, and development of BOMs.
- Serves as electrical lead for projects.
- Creates and implements electric component control programs to provide for the proper function of PLC, HMI, motion, and message display.
- Assists with the coordination of assembly operations during equipment construction.
- Assists with customer service calls.
- Provides creative and accurate design solutions.
- Communicates electrical design intent to customers and other departments/functions, ensuring that requirements are met in the electrical design.
- Communicates with other departments/functions to resolve conflicts, deal with issues, and incorporate suggestions/decisions into electrical designs.
- Obtains quotations from vendors and sets up parts in ERP system.
- Maintains and creates electrical documentation via EPlan software.
- Produces timely and detailed reports.
- Attend trade shows as necessary as a technical resource.