The Engineer is responsible for a range of technical investigations through the implementation phases of the product development with a focus on advanced technology, product improvements, and cost reduction initiatives as they apply to the company's strategic direction. Map out probable development paths and develop technical solutions to new concepts including factors of costs, timing, and risks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Click here to apply online
- Map out and lead probable development paths and develop technical solutions to new concepts including factors of costs, timing, and risks.
- Work with other development groups, through regular team meetings, in translating new concepts into product designs.
- Develop design concepts or models, supervise prototype construction, and conduct performance testing to determine the practical feasibility of concepts.
- Develop test methods, coordinate the implementation of experiments, evaluate test results, and prepare written reports of research findings
- Coordinate contractual arrangements for developmental programs with outside suppliers or research organizations.
- Represent the company in technical societies and keep the company advised of pertinent technological developments.
- As a designated project leader
- supervise team members assigned to the project, prepare progress reports, and schedule updates at regular intervals to management and business teams.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts within Divisional, Corporate, Professional, and Academic organizations.