This position is accountable for the electrical and instrumentation engineering function at the facility and reports to the Engineering Services Manager. This position is responsible for the design, construction, and start-up of projects and provides technical support for operations and maintenance.
· Design, specify, install and troubleshoot industrial electrical, power distribution, and instrumentation control systems for projects.
· Provide high-quality design, scope, and cost/schedule estimates including P&IDs, and equipment drawings and specifications.
· Perform the project management function for the execution of small and mid-size capital projects.
· Support and maintain control systems including PLC and Delta V DCS.
· Provide electrical and instrumentation engineering and technical support to plant operations and maintenance.
· Provides on-call maintenance support on a rotating basis.
· Directs E&I calibration procedures of critical equipment.
· Evaluates the adequacy of critical E&I equipment spare parts inventories.
· Provide input to Reliability Engineers in development of Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
· Conducts root cause failure analysis on major equipment failure.
· Recommends action plans to minimize equipment failures.
· Liaison with equipment suppliers pertaining to any E&I issues.
· Coordinates electrical and other related contracted work.
· Lead the commissioning activities during plant start up including preparing documents (engineering).
· Degree in Electrical Engineering
· 2+ years experience.
· Desirable to have knowledge in designing power distribution, feeders, and Motor Control Centers for motors, variable speed drives, lighting, grounding, Electrical Hazardous Area Classification, etc. and instrumentation and control systems including interlocks, PLC, and DCS (Delta V preferred).
· Designed system under ANSI/ISA S84.01 Process Safety Management (PSM) for interlocks.
· Knowledgeable in using Preventive and Predictive Maintenance tools or system
· Good organization and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various sites and levels in the organization.
· Fluent in English.
· Results oriented, puts in extra effort and work to accomplish critical or difficult tasks
· Familiar with CMMS (Computerize Maintenance Management System) such as SAP and common applications software (spreadsheet) Eg. M.S