The Electrical Engineer position is a dual role position that supports capital projects during the conceptual design, engineering review, construction, and commissioning phases and also is our subject area resource for electrical systems in the company. Projects will be located at all of our American operations (USA, Canada and other countries in South America). The Electrical Engineer participates in cross functional teams to improve technical knowledge, effectiveness, and results.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Operations/Process/Project Management Teams in development of the Project Electrical and Engineering Scope of Work, Estimations, Specifications, Control Narratives and Conceptual Design.
- Contributes as subject area resource in a variety of electrical engineering areas providing support for systems design, engineering reviews, root-cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Assist and advise Company Americas in a variety of electrical engineering functions including analysis of power loading, device coordination, arc flash safety, energy use, etc.
- Reviews and approves work of outside engineering consultants including flow diagrams, general arrangement drawings, specifications, RFQs, bid evaluations, vendor drawings, as-built drawings and manuals.
- Assist Operations with process control systems by troubleshooting and propose projects to improve performance, including instrumentation selection, data networks, Wonderware HMI’s, PLC operations, motors, VFD’s, MV switchgear, instrumentation and other electrical systems and recommend cost effective solutions and repairs.
- Direct and coordinate internal and external resources assigned to projects.
- Commissioning of electrical systems. Receive systems from vendors ensuring the scope is fulfilled and the functionality and documentation are complete.
- Meet Company expectations with a focus on safety, environmental compliance, equipment reliability, and cost control
- Implement consistent internal goals and tasks for Company Americas operations.
- Interface with equipment and system integration vendors including expediting documentation and deliveries.
- Support training initiatives like the apprentice program and Electrical safety training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; or Associates degree in engineering with applicable experience
- 5+ years of experience in electrical, instrumentation, preferably in the lime/cement/bulk material handling industry; project engineering is a plus.
- Experience with industrial power tasks like power factor correction, grounding, motor tests, power quality, protection settings, VFD configuration, instrument calibration, etc.
- Proficiency with the National Electrical Code and other NFPA Electrical Standards and Recommended Practices; familiarity with basic MSHA and EPA regulations;
- Proficiency with process control instrumentation, calibration, and troubleshooting; familiarity with various HMI and PLC programs, in particular Wonderware and ControlLogix; Detail and process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities; ability to use root cause analysis to troubleshoot;
- Ability to travel up to 35% domestically with some international travel and could include extended assignments during critical construction and start-up periods.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org