- Responsible for leading or executing electrical project monitoring and control activities such as: work planning, team meetings, and open issues.
- Plans and formulates engineering activities according to project requirements.
- Develop functional coverage models and close code coverage.
- Support board level FPGA integration.
- Provide technical expertise in product development lead and/or participate in the design and development of new products.
- Assume engineering responsibility for all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Generate schematics, bill of material, and PCB layout guidelines
- Review and evaluate test results Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of CAD parts/library maintenance, and manufacturing support.
- Knowledge CAD, schematic, and layout skills.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling, preliminary design, and costing efforts.
- Generates product functional specifications and product test requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with relevant design standards and marketing needs.
- Reviews and reports project status against the schedule during the development cycle.
- Provide technical leadership and support with other team members, including sales, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Resolves engineering design and testing problems.
- Reviews and refines methods to enhance hardware/firmware development.
- Consults with software engineering staff to optimize interfaces between hardware and software.
- Agrees to execute all required research and development tasks and any other projects so directed by management.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (BSEE), and/or Computer Engineering (BSCE) degree and/or Master’s degree in Electronics.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience using and designing with FPGA products, VHDL and schematic capture tools.
- High-speed digital design centering around FPGA.
- Proficiency in VHDL.
- Experience developing Xilinx® FPGAs using Vivado®.
- Board Level design, schematic capture, and board layout experience.