Summary: Lead the development of high-level electrical systems including energy management, system monitoring, entertainment, data handling, user interface, and other supporting electrical systems for use in Recreational and Commercial Vehicles from concept to implementation. Lead the implementation of world-class electrification and connected vehicle solutions. Participate in product and process improvement projects including simplification of electrical systems and designs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All associates of company are required to know and adhere to the policies and procedures which pertain to his/her position. This job is located on a 12 building campus in Jackson Center, OH.
- Lead activities associated with the layout, design, specification, documentation, testing, and implementation of vehicle electrical systems including the development of schematics, layouts, construction drawings, and installation aids using Autodesk Inventor and Electrical software.
- Review, understand, and work with other vehicle mechanical and software systems and design teams to ensure that electrical systems integrate and perform according to design intent with a high level of design quality, performance, and ease of manufacture.
- Assume ownership of Model Year and Mid-Model Year electrical projects including assisting with the implementation of electrical systems into Production and the training of Production Line Associates as needed.
- Research warranty, Customer Service, & Operations feedback related to electrical systems to identify opportunities for improvement in future designs.
- Work with the Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, and Connected Vehicle teams to interpret internal and external customer requirements and deliver manufacturable solutions with a goal of increasing profit and market share.
- Collaborate across engineering teams to quickly solve any complex issues with current electrical systems to minimize impact on customers.
- Will use company corporate and department goals combined with their own experience and experience to research, problem-solve, and decide on plans of action.
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 8+ years of product development experience in an automotive, specialty vehicle or related industry.
Experience in RV wire harness and systems design preferred. Experience with advanced Lithium-ion battery systems and/or Connected Vehicle technology preferred.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of enhanced electrical products, components, and systems, or other related electrical field.
- Good communication, analytical & time management skills and an ability to work in a focused environment, delivering high quality results on time and on budget.
- Must be able to take initiative, be forward-thinking, and make solid decisions focused on the goals of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including proven experience in use of Computer Modeling software (Autodesk Inventor and Inventor preferred) and in the creation of related documentation.
- Thorough understanding of electronic systems including the operation of inverters, converters, power centers, battery charging systems.
- Basic knowledge of RVIA 1192, NFPA and NEC codes as they pertain to the RV industry; Knowledge of wire ampacity and sizing of wires preferred.
- Proven experience in proper use of common lab & measurement equipment used for the evaluation of electrical systems and circuitry.
- Advanced written, verbal, and presentation skills; able to present to groups product features. Able to effectively communicate complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; perform repetitive motion data entry; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.