ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
The Electrical & Instrumentation Technician is responsible for ensuring proper electrical functioning of plant equipment, electrical gear (MCC’s, transformers, and panels), and instrumentation (electronic monitoring, metering, controlling and signaling devices), and to troubleshoot any malfunction and complete appropriate repairs and maintenance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understands and follows safety policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, wiring methods and materials
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation, PLC hardware/software, and controls.
- Perform PM and Calibration requirements as directed.
- Ensures Work completion is documented and closed out in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Calibration program.
- Contact vendors and purchase materials as needed.
- Participates on Company’s emergency response (ER) team including as an ER entry team member, which requires wearing a tight fitting full-face respirator
- Successfully complete all assigned training
- Journeyman Electrical License or equivalent experience in the Electrical field.
- 7+ years Industrial Maintenance experience, preferably in batch chemical, heavy or high speed manufacturing industries.
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment, Instrumentation & Controls, PLC’s, and VFDs.
- Working knowledge of electrical standards (NEC, NFPA 70E/79, UL, ISO, etc.).
- Working knowledge of the safe use of a wide variety of hand and power tools, electronic and electric test equipment as related to field and shop work.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings, equipment specifications, and manuals.
- Demonstrate basic skills in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work shift, overtime, weekends, holidays and call-ins.
- Ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
- Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders
- State Licensed Electrician
- HMI Builder