- Performs all facets of cardiac ultrasound testing for the noninvasive pediatric laboratory of Cardiology Services, including two-dimensional, spectral and color Doppler, trans esophageal and stress echocardiography. Participation in fetal echocardiography may be required.
- Educates patients and families regarding the procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
- Produces high quality images and presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies.
- Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
- Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
- Graduate from an accredited cardiac sonography program or have practiced as a sonographer for greater than 2 years
- Must be a Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (Adult and/or Pediatric-Pediatric preferred; or be registry eligible and obtain registry within one year of employment. BCLS (Adult).
- Minimum 2 years practicing as a Pediatric Cardiac sonographer with strong knowledge of congenital heart disease
- ARDMS, PALS, BCLS Pediatrics preferred