Eastern Canada Sales Manager - Animal Health
Location: Remote, home-based office in SW Ontario
Demonstrate your sales management expertise in this exciting senior position with a market leader!
Our client is known as the #1 animal health company in the world. Research-driven, their goal is to nurture the world and humankind by advancing care for animals. For nearly 70 years, their robust product development pipeline has been innovating ways to predict, prevent, detect, and treat animal illness. They continue to stand by those raising and caring for animals globally - from livestock farmers to veterinarians and pet owners. The company offers a portfolio and pipeline of therapeutic medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, and technologies that are making a difference in over 100 countries.
Our client continues their growth trajectory. They seek to add a Regional Sales Manager to their Canadian Cattle, Equine and Genetics business unit, who will oversee the Eastern Canadian business from Manitoba to Atlantic Canada. Regional Sales Managers are proactive field colleague managers. As first-line leaders, RSMs “own” all aspects of leading, managing and holding their colleagues accountable for delivering results. RSMs provide specific and clear direction about strategy, objectives, policies, practices, and expectations to meet or exceed sales performance goals. RSMs clearly and consistently align with organizational goals and objectives to ensure performance targets are exceeded and strategies are executed against well-established plans.
Regional Sales Managers actively coach and develop their people to strengthen both individual capabilities and the team’s ability to provide value and solutions that meet customer needs. In addition, RSMs model and communicate the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with company values and core competencies. RSMs build the value of their team by encouraging, supporting, developing, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external networks.
What you will do- Reporting to the National Sales Manager for the business unit, you will:
What you offer- To be successful in this position, your career profile demonstrates:
- Execute corporate strategy at the regional level.
- Coordinate and manage resources to deliver results and achieve objectives for the species unit.
- Provide coaching and feedback to help a team of 6 field colleagues meet performance objectives, improve sales and strengthen their capabilities.
- Lead and build a strong team of engaged colleagues.
- Build and develop long-term relationships with customers.
Our client offers competitive compensation in addition to a positive, collaborative award-winning corporate culture. They believe in developing people as well as growing the business, and they make this philosophy a priority. Full details will be shared with applicants who demonstrate the required experience.
- Experience in a sales coaching or sales leadership role of 3-5 years minimum, with the ability to hold teams accountable for performance goals and provide coaching and feedback for individual development. Strong leadership skills are a key requirement as this opportunity will be highly involved in coaching.
- A background with cattle is a high priority, whether through primary production experience or related industry sales experience. Ruminants will be the major species group served in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, with animal science, biological science and business strongly preferred.
- Technical and commercial knowledge in production livestock animal health.
- Financial analysis skills, including the ability to manage budgets.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French is strongly preferred.