endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
EV Drive Systems Electrical Product Engineer (Hardware)
A global technology leader of motor systems and electric drive assemblies for electric vehicles and hybrids is in the process of developing a brand new NAFTA Technology Canter and manufacturing facility in the Southfield, Michigan area. They will be developing complete electric drive module control systems including utilizing SMT (surface mount technology) to manufacture their own PCBs (printed circuit boards). A global technology leader this state-of-the-art facility is their introduction to North America and will be highly automated and house the latest in electronics manufacturing.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- high voltage power electronics development: 2 years (Required)
- gate drive design: 2 years (Required)
Electrical Engineer (Hardware)
This position is responsible for hardware specification, circuit design, component selection, schematic and PCB layout review for inverter, DC/DC converter, and control units. Responsible for detailed component selection, and board circuit design. Required to support hardware team. Responsible to support design, manufacture, and implementation of automotive power electronics design.
- Design and develop 300V to 700V Inverter drives, Isolated phase shifted DC/DC converters, analog, digital control circuitry and flyback power supplies selecting appropriate technologies and components. Create technical specification for power electronic.
- Circuit design and component selection for gate drives with switching frequency from 10kHz to 100kHz, 3kW DC/DC converters, power supplies, and control boards.
- Interact with customers and analyze and implement customer’s specifications.
- Execute full schematic design, component placing and PCB layout using Altium designer.
- Support design reviews and worst-case circuit analysis.
- Develop validation procedures for DVT and PVP&R.
- Build BOM and manufacturing packages; build, test and troubleshoot boards.
- Develop reliability plans, failures mitigation plans, DFMEA.
- Define appropriate safety levels for new products.
- Select most suitable building processes, materials, and assembly procedures
- Diagnose, trouble-shoot and analyze root cause of failures; implement effective solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet customer requirements and objectives.
- Identify issues or obstacles and work on their resolution.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or electronic systems required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience required in high voltage power electronics development for automotive applications.
- In-depth knowledge and design experience in power electronics, specifically in high voltage inverter drives in the range of 300V to 700V up to 150kW, and DC/DC converters up to 3kW.
- Knowledge of semiconductor such as IGBTs, MOSFETs, and SiC devices. Expertise in gate drive design with switching frequency from 10kHz to 100kHz.
- Extensive design experience in controllers, gate drive, snubbers, power stage, and power supplies. Circuit analysis: power dissipation, stress, isolation & grounding, and EMI shielding techniques.
- Solid knowledge of characteristics of magnetics, including transformer and inductor sizing, and limitations of magnetic cores.
- Hands on extensive working knowledge of the real and practical design and analysis of inverters, and DC/DC converters, analog and digital circuits, switching circuits, and mixed signal circuits. Laboratory experience fabricating, evaluating & qualifying designs to requirements.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of MC, DSPs and CPLDs. Infineon, Freescale, TI, Lattice
- Proficient in Schematic capture, PCB design layout, release, and validation. Experience with Altium Designer
- Must possess a strong understanding of thermal analysis, mechanical and packaging challenges
- Experience in specifying, mechanizing, integrating, testing and validation of high voltage power electronics. DFMEA. Design knowledge for products with high reliability, with low losses and noise emission.
- Ability to coordinate multiple power electronics projects, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently.
- Bilingual (English/Mandarin) is highly desirable.
- Preferred knowledge of functional safety (ISO 26262) and ASIL level requirements.
- Electric motor control theory knowledge and experience, highly desirable.
- Bachelor's (Required)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.