endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The EHS Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements for the company. Manages all aspects of the Health, Safety & Environmental department including client requirements. Works with other members of the EHS team and company employees in the implementation and monitoring of all safety programs and processes. Represents company during EHS audits with customers and regulatory agencies. both in Warren and Port Huron Michigan.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Conduct regular EHS inspections of facility to ensure company and regulatory compliance and analyze results.
- Conduct and coordinate training of employees & contractors on EHS requirements to ensure compliance with regulations
- Develop, implement and monitor environmental & safety policies, procedures and documents
- Facilitate incident investigations, root cause analyses and corrective actions
- Represent company during EHS audits with current and potential customers
- Represent the company with regulatory agencies
- Prepare, submit and document OSHA 300 logs; Determine and calculate exposure hours and TRIR
- Oversee development and administration of company drug & alcohol program
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess considerable knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of EHS management
- Manage several EHS functions such as training, recordkeeping, safety & health compliance
- Exercise a high level of discretion and independent judgment
- Consult with management to ensure timely and efficient resolution of EHS issues
- Highly motivated self-starter who is adept at handling multiple competing priorities, in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment
- Strong presentation skills
Qualifications (Education And Experience)
- High School Diploma and 4+ years EHS related experience
- Worker’s Compensation Experience Required
- Experience in setting up and being in compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and ISAO 14001
- Strong program administration background/computer proficiency required
- Excellent customer service, verbal/written communication skills and sound judgment
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Able to investigate, report and document Company EHS issues
- Ability to function well independently and within a team
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.