endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Summary:Develop and execute strategic and tactical Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) plans toincrease risk recognition and reduce injuries/incidents, improve employee health, maintainenvironmental compliance. Lead EHS programs (including industrial hygiene and process safety)at the company locations to protect the employees, customers and the environment.Your essential responsibilities:
Your additional responsibilities:
- File certification for ISO14001:2015 (Environmental) and ISO45001:2017 (Health and Safety) and; maintain and implement changes to HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures; and integrate into the teams.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance by developing Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, near misses, property damage incidents or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures. Conduct field audits, guide and provide corrective actions to protect workers.
- Establish and maintain waste minimization/source reduction program aligned with corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Coordinate/assist with site monthly safety meetings, provide details of updates to safety program, changes, and develop safety topics to drive a culture of continuous improvement like Promoting Incident prevention.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives of an effective EHS Program.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs, employee orientations and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of modular safety training programs and update needed SOP’s.
- Manage and coordinate special projects and select and coordinate work through environmental consultants as required.
- Prepare month-end environmental status report and environment related capital budgets; maintain Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures and providing emergency response training.
- Perform environmental quality work in field or office settings, and gauge the effects focusing on creating a safe surrounding for our society.
- Prepare and review environmental reports and filings as required by Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies; respond to regulatory correspondence; track and report on developments in federal and state legislation and requirements of any changes that impact the organization.
Your qualifications and requirements:
- Guide in the development and implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution for continuous improvement.
- Plan and manage the financial budget for EHS for the year; its impact on overall business; advise the leadership team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions related to operations.
- Guide in the development of an effective and efficient production process using lean manufacturing principles and with input from team members on areas such as production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production challenges.
- Help in reviewing processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or delegation and sharing work, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Create a culture or open environment to receive feedback, listen to their thoughts and ideas and resolve any personnel grievances and foster teamwork.
- Promote open communication; encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- Guide team to help set clear team goals; share and delegate tasks and set deadlines; and increase accountability in teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene or Environmental or Engineering in related field
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience in leading and managing business unit and daily operations
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Experience in human resources modeling
- Known production methods
- Leadership – “Leading by example and competence, not by title.” Actively participating in building the future of the company. Ability to balance being a team manager and team member with the all employees.
- Self-Starter – Able to visualize the need or vision; capable of independent though and independent action.
- Ownership and Accountability – Ability to embrace work and take pride in efforts and achievements to high quality standards. Ability to foresee risks or accept loss, eager to understand the cause, and ensure corrective action.
- Project Management – Breaking the status quo and taking on the challenging new ventures for better tomorrow. Also, guiding others as a project mentor.
- Project Management experience required.
- Communication Proficiency – A key tool to forge negotiations and relations withall stakeholders to achieve the common goal.
- Discretion and Integrity – Ability to balance openness when required with personnel conversations and knowledge of situations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- We want the team members to actively challenge the status quo, identifying and pursuing solutions and new initiatives. There are no limitations on what you can explore, lead or achieve. A true self-starter perspective.
- You will be exposed to various areas of the business like participating in team strategic goals to understanding the financial statements and its impact.
- Flat structure
- We believe in the strength and power of cohesive teams to make decisions to tackle challenges. Our structure is all about transparency and open communication.
- Innovation and growth
- We are always striving to generate new ideas and grow our business, largely through investing for the future. A wide network of experts will help you expand your know-how and competencies.
- We offer you a diverse range of tasks in a dynamic team setting that will help you to identify and gain experience in your area of interest.
- Global networking
- We have a global presence and frequently interface with our colleagues to stay on the cutting edge. There are abundant opportunities for all employees to engage internationally.
- Work life balance
- We consider our team to be a family. We maintain a flexible workplace environment, providing the platform for employees find a balance between personal and work responsibilities.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.