endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is working with a manufacturing leader to find an EH&S Specialist. The EH&S Specialist reports directly to the Human Resource Manager and is responsible for:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the Work Plant Rules and Work Safety Rules.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures to provide for a safe and healthful workplace.
- Work in a safe manner always and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected.
- Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Always maintain proper ergonomics when performing assigned tasks.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work according to 5s standards.
- Maintain proper radio etiquette when using company radios, PA System and/or phone, business use only.
- Maintain professionalism when representing the company.
- To observe operations, identify hazards and corrective actions, and engage as many employees as possible in the effort to achieve local EHS objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of the environmental health and safety program and support the development and administration of Plant Level EHS policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Review all incident investigations for accuracy, including a description of the incident, the identification of root cause, and thorough corrective actions
- Lead the effort to develop corrective that improve working conditions and prevent occupational injury and illness.
- Manage company compliance with all relevant environmental, occupational health, and workplace safety regulations and standards.
- Implement and maintain the Emergency Action Plan for the Plant.
- Support the development of EHS education and training tools
- Analyzes data to drive corrective actions.
- Stay current regarding new developments in the industry and rules and regulations.
- Collect data and provide reports (Loss Runs, MOS, etc)
- Support continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Lead the reporting and tracking of Plant Occupational Health and Safety and BWC information.
- Take the lead on all environmental policies and programs with respect to reporting, audits, and compliance.
IND-D05endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university; or five years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Use of OSHA 300 Log
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must have 3-5 years of EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing skills.
- MS Office tools fluency.
- Understanding of Self Insured BWC Management System
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Flexible work availability.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- This position may be required to travel to other facilities or training locations as well as on-site training as needed.