Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for EHS Regional Manager.
- Full Time Permanent Position
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This position will provide leadership and set and deliver the EHS strategy for the UK, Ireland European Region. Manage the EHS strategy by developing an annual plan, achieving consensus and buy-in from site leadership, and actively driving the implementation of and monitoring progress against the plan and corresponding objectives. The individual will also be responsible for ensuring Magellan’s compliance to all relevant legislation and provide guidance to all site HSE personnel.
Oversees organizational compliance with all environment, health and safety regulations. Ensures that environmental policy and procedure manuals are available and updated at all times. Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the business. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Awards
- Free parking
- Experience with implementation and management of EHS Management Systems (ISO, 14001, 18000, OSHA VPP).Demonstrated proficiency in understanding government regulations, safety and environmental compliance systems. Review and update compliance strategies for regulatory compliance requirements.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of employees and those affected by the company’s operations.
- Ensure adequate means of distributing and communicating health, safety and welfare information obtained for the H.S.E., Safety organisations and Trade associations regarding new techniques of accident prevention, new legislation requirements and codes of practice.
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Develop relevant plans, programs, policies and procedures and ensure internal compliance and maintenance.
- Educate and develop a culture that encourages incident reporting/tracking and ensures a timely and appropriate response to reports.
- In conjunction with appropriate production, engineering and maintenance staff, review and approve all process, plant and equipment plans and revisions thereof for risk assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of same regarding safe working environment.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers, supervisors, and employees in work site safety practices, loss prevention, ergonomics, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies. Provide supervisors with guidelines in accident investigation and direct analysis of accident data to develop procedures or controls to prevent recurrence.
- Act as SME to all facilities JHSC and provide guidelines in complex situations
- Support and review emergency programs (facilitate drills) and lead emergency response activities following spills and releases.
- Manage inspections and audits to detect and eliminate unsafe practices and conditions.
- Maintain ISO 14001 Environmental compliance system and air/water emission improvement programs and solid/hazardous waste programs.
- Interface with regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Lead Job Safety Assessment initiatives and other elements of safety integral to EHS performance.
- Oversee and mentor all EHS personnel across the Magellan sites. Develop and provide subject matter expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental or occupational health sciences or equivalent combination of training & experience.
Minimum of 5 - 10 years relevant technical EHS experience.
5+ years in managing EHS personnel across multiple sites/regions. Experiences of supporting European operations.
Previous experience within the Aerospace Manufacturing industry is an asset but not a must.
Business Acumen; Communication; Motivation; Critical thinking & Problem solving; Conflict management; Timely decision making.
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
Proficient English business communications is required.
The ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures as and when required. Also, the ability to interface with key stakeholders.
Ethics & Values
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!