endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited :
- Oversee all Safety Committees and conduct frequent audits of the workplace. Identify potential hazards and recommend corrective actions and ensure resolution of hazards. Ensure employees are aware of and using appropriate personal protective equipment. Prepare, monitor and distribute an Open Safety Items Log
- Administer the Company's procedures related to safety and health, and the environmental management system. Conduct training and retraining of the procedures in accordance with each procedure.
- Prepare safety presentation materials for monthly employee meetings (5-Minute Safety Talks).
- Investigate accidents and injuries, and assist supervisors in the completion of accident investigation reports and problem-solving activities. Identify patterns of injuries, and assist supervisors in the completion of accident investigation reports and problem-solving activities. Identify patterns of injuries and determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the injury. Provide supervisors with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Develop and administer New Hire Orientation Safety Training.
- Provide insight and input to appropriate engineering personnel to identify solutions to repetitive injuries and/or develop solutions to workplace ergonomic improvements.
- Coordinate unannounced safety audits with risk service consultants, including annual air quality studies.
- Supervise the company's Emergency Response Plan and schedule unannounced annual drills (Evacuation/Emergency Shelter/Spill Drills).
- Oversee hazard assessment procedures and ensure updated documentation is prepared and available in accordance with the procedures.
- Develop processes to help assure that proper safety and health provisions are incorporated into all jobs performed at the facility, employing techniques of hazard analysis, job safety analysis and safe job procedures in addition to safety management systems like OHSAS 18001.
- Conduct routine Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for new and existing work stations to identify and eliminate hazards, and to provide training and re-training to supervisors and employees.
- Oversee the monthly visits of contractors providing safety and health services, i.e., fire extinguishers, first aid kits and OTC medication vending machines.
- Oversee Forklift Safety Programs to ensure employees are qualified and well-trained.
- Oversee visits from OSHA, TDEC & EPA and preparing responses.
- Support and assure compliance with incident and near miss investigation process to ensure compliance with company and local recordkeeping requirements and corporate HS&S initiatives. Track incidents with Pareto analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyzing monthly and annual injury statistics to determine why employees are injuried and recommend corrective actions when appropriate.
- Serve as co-chair on the Health and Safety Committee and help coordinate activities, recommendations, and accountability of issues identified by the Health and Safety Committee.
- Support DOS Step 17 implementation at the Gordonsville Facility.
- Support physical security initiative to ensure all assigned locations are compliant with internal expectations.
- Support and participate in environmental due diligence, ISO 14001 assessment, agency inspections and internal environmental audits to monitor compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
- Manage the systems and programs to control, mitigate or abate environmental air, water, waste polluting activities and their associated impacts to the environment, community and/or natural resources.
- Manage environmental performance and reporting programs, including communications to relevant levels of management, operations, customers, suppliers, and business partners.
- Environmental Responsibilities:
- Land: Oversee spills management program, outside storage of materials, and landfill disposal management.
- Air: Oversee RTO operation/compliance to permit, perform VOC calculations for submission to state regulatory agencies, and permit application for changes to production requirements, for all emission units. Maintain up to date records for modifications to existing stacks and installation of new equipment.
- Water: Ensure all process water discharges to sanitary sewers following regulations.
- Hazardous Waste: Coordinate and manage hazardous waste program.
- Coordinate recycling efforts of all recyclable materials within the facility.
- Direct services of contracted personnel.
- Direct management team relating to EH&S issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5– 7 years’ experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and Tennessee Workers' Compensation regulations.
- Familiarity with ergonomic philosophy and working knowledge of safety and health issues in a heavy industrial environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment with line managers and employees.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.