Our client in the Chicago area is seeking a Degreed Environmental Health & Safety Engineer to join their rapidly expanding organization.
You be assisting in creating and implementing EHS procedures, conduct root cause analysis and corrective action processes.
-Perform environmental sampling.
-help develop job hazard analysis
-participate in internal safety audits
as well as other functions
Must have extensive OSHA and EPA knowledge and since this role is tasked with presenting information to small and large groups a person with excellent communication skills is must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, translates, and communicates governmental regulations in matters related to environment, health and safety issues
- Responsible for driving the sites Environmental Management System (EMS) in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard
- Creates and audits environmental, health and safety policies and practices for the sites
- Coordinates communications between the site and regulatory agencies as related to EHS matters
- Ensures compliance with governmental and company EHS requirements
- Coordinates and / or conducts training for facility personnel as it concerns EHS matters
- Leads local and national EHS department activities to ensure that objectives are met
- Cultivates relationships with regulatory agencies to facilitate open communication on matters of importance to the site.
- Performs all aspects of position at highest ethical and moral levels
- Participates in self-development activities and training of others
- Exhibits an awareness of EHS impacts on the business
- Performs other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business
- Exhibits model behavior as related to EHS policies and practices
This is a Global company with 40 facilities world wide experiencing tremendous growth here in North America.
If there is interest to learn more please click below or firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online