In the Merigold/Cleveland Mississippi is a 70 non-union employee metal fabrication operation processes include metal cutting, forming, welding, powder coating and testing. NEED a EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) person to manage the process and hands on as needed. Degree is a plus but NOT required, must have Factory experience. Primary duties are 70% Safety, 20% environmental and 10% health. PAY-65-75K PLUS Profit Share and Performance bonus will add another 15-20K. Company is very profitable. They also have a ESOP (employee Stock Owner Plan) where after each year you become 20% more invested. Full range of solid benefits and relocation package.
Summary: This position is responsible for developing and executing environmental, safety, and health plans in the workplace according to federal, state, local, and corporate guidelines. It is also charged with preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety, and also responsible for evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
We are looking for a reliable EHS Manager to ensure the location complies with environmental, health and safety laws. The individual will also be responsible for establishing, modifying and enforcing policies that will create and maintain an environmentally-sound and safe workplace.
The EHS Manager must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards and be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and executing various EHS programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to and achieve adherence with all levels of the workforce is essential.
- Develop and execute environmental, health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal and corporate guidelines;
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of environmental compliance, health and safety;
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law;
- Conduct training and presentations for environmental, health and safety matters, including accident prevention;
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws through all means available;
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions;
- Observe employee performance in order to note and correct unsafe acts;
- Lead accident/incident investigation incidents to discover root causes and direct implementation of corrective actions;
- Manage location worker’s compensation claims;
- Recommend solutions to EHS issues, improvement opportunities or prevention measures;
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics;
- Other related duties as assigned
- Proven experience in one or more the required disciplines – safety, environmental, and health;
- Solid understanding of legal related guidelines;
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies;
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment;
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or safety management, or another relevant field, is preferred.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.