endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Under general supervision of Plant Manager, this position is responsible for planning, coordinating and promoting the plant environmental, safety, workers’ compensation and occupational health programs for the site. The position provides support to the site operations leadership in the following areas: environmental, safety, occupational health, worker’s compensation, and Health & Safety training and development. This position receives support and direction regarding Environmental, Health & Safety compliance activities from the NA Environmental Health and Safety Department personnel
(All other duties as assigned)
- Advise site management regarding the establishment of Environmental, Health & Safety objectives, plan activities to achieve those objectives, and integrate Environmental, Health & Safety into the site culture.
- Maintain accurate and complete records that meet regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing E,H&S programs and practices through reviews and data interpretation.
- Plan and promote all phases of the plant safety program.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices through work site knowledge, employee interactions and work site inspection.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Provide recommendations for correcting safety hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Provide follow-up to ensure implementation of corrective recommendations.
- Conduct mandated employee health and safety training programs as required by the Health & Safety Training Matrix, such as Hazard Communication, Lock Out/Tag Out and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Coordinate the plant accident and investigation program, including the maintenance of required OSHA reports.
- Participate in state and federal OSHA inspections.
- Serve as the leader of plant safety committees and teams.
- Assist in the sites efforts to minimize ergonomic stress.
- Assist in the establishment, training and facilitation of first responder teams.
- Execute strategies to engage the plant leadership team and the plant workforce in maximizing the environmental and safety performance.
- Coach and mentor plant leadership/supervisors in identifying hazards and the proper interaction with employees to discuss safety behavior (Tell Me process).
- Assist Regional EH&S staff in the quantification, evaluation and control of employee exposure to potential occupational health hazards such as: chemicals & materials, noise levels, radiological sources and other environmental and human factors existing in the workplace.
- Conduct on-site activities to control exposures to occupational health hazards.
- Assist in the completion of occupational health-monitoring activities to meet regulatory requirements for subjects such as asbestos, silica, hearing and lead.
- Assist in the laser safety compliance activities required by OSHA and State regulations.
- Act as the site contact for Worker’s Compensation issues: Interfaces with workers compensation legal counsel, third party administrator, appropriate medical professionals, corporate risk management, divisional health and safety management, and regional HR management for successful case management of all workers compensation claims and programs.
- Assist local Human Resources personnel in coordination of new hires/orientation.
- Oversee and direct the site compliance efforts regarding waste management under Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Oversee and direct in the site compliance efforts for reporting and controlling air emissions as required under the Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Oversee and direct the site compliance efforts through inspecting and reporting required by storm water discharge and wastewater discharge permits regulated under the Clean Water Act (CWA).
- Oversee and direct in the compliance efforts regarding hazardous chemical reporting under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) and the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA).
- Participate and lead state and federal environmental agencies inspections.
- Lead pollution reduction teams and activities undertaken by the site.
- Conduct applicable facility environmental training including: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC), RCRA and DOT.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This position interfaces and interacts with NA Environmental Department and the Health and Safety Department personnel to ensure consistent knowledge, implementation and execution of regional E,H&S policies, procedures and strategies. Position is responsible for advising site management regarding the establishment of E,H&S objectives, plan activities to achieve those objectives, and integrate E,H&S into the site culture. This position plans and promotes all phases of the plant environmental, health & safety program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant performing Environmental, Health & Safety activities
- CSP, CIH or CHMM or equivalent certification preferred
This position reports to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Regional Health and Safety Manager.
There may be some travel associated with this position for training and/or project work.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.