endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Multi-Billion Dollar Tier One Automotive Company located in the Warren Michigan area is looking for an EH&S Manager that will oversee the company’s safety, health, and environmental programs by promoting and maintaining a safe, accident free work environment and ensuring compliance with workplace security programs. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
1. Oversee all Safety Committees and conduct frequent audits of the workplace. Identify potential hazards and recommend corrective actions and ensure resolution of hazards. Ensure employees are aware of and using appropriate personal protective equipment. Prepare, monitor and distribute an Open Safety Items Log.
2. Administer the company’s procedures related to safety and health, and environmental compliance (ISO 14001). Conduct training and retraining of the procedures in accordance with each procedure.
3. Prepare safety presentation materials for monthly employee meetings (5-Minute Safety Talks).
4. Investigate accidents and injuries, and assist supervisors in the completion of accident investigation reports and problem-solving activities. Identify patterns of injuries and determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the injury. Provide supervisors with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
5. Assist with new hire safety orientation.
6. Coordinate unannounced safety audits with risk service consultants, including annual air quality studies.
7. Supervise the company’s Emergency Response Plan and schedule unannounced annual drills (Evacuation/Emergency Shelter/Spill Drills).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor’s degree in safety or related area, or equivalent work experience.
* Working knowledge of MIOSHA and Michigan Workers’ Compensation regulations.
* Working knowledge of TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
* Familiarity with ergonomic philosophy and working knowledge of safety and health issues in a heavy industrial environment.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.