Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the safety management system progresses to a state of sustainable compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Enhancing the work force’s understanding of safety risks and impacts.
- Providing safety support to the site organization and leadership group.
General duties for the EHS Professional include but are not limited to:
- Developing and sustaining systems to drive compliance, fatality prevention, injury reduction, and environmental performance.
- Coaching and providing mentorship to departmental leadership in the execution of their EHS accountabilities.
- Providing technical expertise in new equipment/facilities development by actively participating in Project Environmental Safety Health reviews, audits, and internal self-assessments.
- Analyzing of data and reports necessary for corrective / preventive actions and identification of gaps.
- Assisting with development and implementation of EHS policy and procedures and the business unit with focus on prevention and risk reduction.
- Taking appropriate action to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the location’s EHS policy and company Standards.
- Developing and conducting EHS-related training sessions.
- Participating actively in investigation of EHS incidents to assist in identifying root cause and provides recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Providing daily safety floor support for process and personnel to assist in deployment of best practices, identification and control of hazards.
- Supporting efforts to sustain compliance in complex production and R&D environments by assuring programs within the safety management system meets or exceed federal and company requirements.
- Supporting the regulatory requirements and company initiatives that may impact current or production as well as anticipated development projects.
- Assisting the management team with identification and investigation of safety issues/incidents and development of root cause solutions to drive continuous improvement of departmental safety performance
- Interfacing with various organizations and groups within and outside of the company.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Click here to apply online
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 1 year of EHS experience or 1-2 EHS related internships in a manufacturing environment with a focus on Safety
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.