Viewing Job - EHS Associate (Part Time) [EB-1360652787]
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Summary: The Environmental Health, and Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Develop and implements tools and systems to deliver and improve safety performance; lead and guide teams focused on specific safety issues to support the safety culture process.
- Responsible for environmental, health and safety programs. Helps develop, implement, monitor and manage EHS programs, policies and procedures.
- Investigate and document all work related injuries.
- Identify and implement safety improvement opportunities (Safety Team, PPE, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state environmental, health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Participates in the development of environmental, safety and health policies, practices and procedures throughout the plant in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations including, but not limited to OSHA.
- Monitor new legislation as it relates to ESH laws and regulations. Facilitate changes as necessary and assure changes have been effectively communicated throughout organization.
- Act as the principle contact for local, state or federal regulatory agencies as it relates to ESH.
- Participates in North Carolina Department of Environmental Management (NCDEM) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Monitor and/or develop safety performance and related metrics to include accident frequency and severity; root causes; trends; training.
- Perform safety audits on all new or modified processes and equipment.
- Conduct monthly safety walkthroughs with plant supervisors.
- Conduct regular safety training for team members on pertinent topics.
- Lead and manage incident investigations.
- Conduct on-site ESH reviews and audits of operations and facilities.
- Oversee safety and health training program for employees at all levels, in compliance with applicable OSHA laws and regulations, including but not limited to training materials, arranging for or conducting training and documentation.
- Oversee activities of Safety Committee to include providing the necessary knowledge, direction and purpose of a committee; establish measurable goals and continually raise safety awareness.
- Develop, communicate and implement solutions for emergency preparedness plans for the facility.
- Coordinate 1st Responder Activities and maintain First Aid Kits.
- Responsible for all environmental documentation for regulatory requirements and compliance including; storm water permits, tier 1 reporting, brownfield NCDEM reporting and groundwater testing.
- Monitor and report wastewater discharge metrics within permitted levels and subsequent testing as required.
- Manage GHS, HAZCOM and MSDS requirements per OSHA standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from a four-year university in Safety, Safety Engineering or related field or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination for education and experience
- Minimum of 2- 5 years’ prior experience administering safety and health programs in a manufacturing environment.
- CSP or ASP Certification desired.
- Must have a general understanding of manufacturing environment and the type of production equipment, processes, and systems typically present in such an environment. In depth knowledge, OSHA regulations, Workers' Compensation, accident investigation and analysis.
- OSHA 10-hour course certification
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.