Are you looking for your next challenge? Are you passionate, proactive and persistent? Are you ready to utilise your knowledge and experience working in a fast paced, multi-faceted industry where every day is different? Then we are the fit for you.
Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
As the EHS Advisor you will play a critical role in supporting the H&S Global function. Reporting to the Regional Health & Safety Manager, you will engage with the site operational and supporting stakeholders to identify, coordinate and drive environmental, health & safety. You will ensure all EHS on site will comply with relevant legislation, best practice and the corporate body.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Minimum 2 years in health and safety role and full UK driving licence
- Assist the Regional Health & Safety Manager to ensure delivery of safety performance in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives.
- Integrate with the site Senior Management Team to provide advice, support and guidance on all matters relating to health, safety and the environment.
- Support accident/incident investigations and reports, carry out trend/root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Provide accurate and timely information and reports regarding site health and safety performance to the regional Health & Safety Manager.
- Maintain the records, documents and standards required for ISO14001/45001 and third party audits.
- Create, issue and review safety alerts, toolbox talks and one point task lessons to implement and disseminate policies, procedures and standards.
- Arrange, facilitate and contribute to the safety committee, executive and working group meetings, presenting site achievements at business reviews.
- Conduct internal audits/site inspections, and liaise with external auditors/external bodies in surveillance audits/inspections when needed.
- Liaise with department managers/supervisors to create, issue, review risk assessments/safe systems of work, advising H&S guidelines when new processes are being implemented.
- Prepare required reports in relation to HSE activities, accident claim reports, lost time accident reporting/RIDDOR reports.
- Demonstrate a regular presence on the shop floor, proactively interacting with the workforce to promote safe working practices across the site, while finding effective solutions to any EHS issues found.
- Monitor compliance, review and develop policies and procedures
- Deliver training courses and inductions to relevant staff.
- Interact with the Occupational Health provider to support the health surveillance function.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or higher
- NEBOSH or equivalent Environmental Management
- Technician (or higher) member of IOSH
- Training qualifications e.g. CTLLS
- Knowledge and experience of H&S requirements in Aerospace manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge of H&S compliance legislation
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Results focused, with ability to work on own initiative
- IT literate, proficient in MS Office
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!