endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Engineer – E-Motor Design
With around 92,000 employees worldwide and approximately 170 locations in more than 50 countries we are one of the world's largest technology companies in the world.
The consumption and emissions targets of the future can only be fully met through electrification of the drive train. As a result, we offer products across the full bandwidth of electrification options - from 48-volt hybrids and plug-in hybrids to drives for purely electric vehicles. This broad spectrum of knowledge makes us expert partner to the various markets and customers it serves - such as with components and systems for hybrid modules, entry-level hybridization, electric axle drives, and electric wheel hub drives.
Key responsibilities include but are limited to:
- Will perform the simulations, calculations and analysis necessary to ensure a design meets both internal and customer expectations.
- Requirements management in coordination with the program manager, development engineers, and design engineers.
- Includes analysis, simulation and verification of the electrical components as well as presenting these results.
- Will be responsible for specifying the motor parameters and requirements to achieve specific performance targets and through accurate modeling and simulation perform sizing and trade-off studies.
- Close cooperation with testing engineers is necessary to specify testing conditions, support testing and evaluate the results in regards to torque, power and temperature characteristics.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its application
- Experience designing electric machines in academic and professional setting
- Solid understanding of various types of electric machines and their dynamic modeling
- Advanced knowledge of e-motor controls and measurements
- Experience using Python, C/C++, Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with FEA modelling software such as Ansys Maxwell, JMAG or FLUX
- Understanding of E-Motor manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the Product Development Process
- Microsoft Office
- Communication ability (written & verbal)
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assertive approach to solving problems
- Ability to prioritize, make recommendations and present results
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.