Reporting to the fleet manager for a regional transportation provider.
The Driver Manager is responsible for overseeing up to 40 drivers concerning pick up, in route travel, delivery and proof of delivery submission. Maintains positive driver morale, while safely and profitably dispatching and directing all drivers within the operations department. Ensures safety compliance; on-time service; driver retention; driver availability. Manages a fuel-efficient fleet, providing maintenance support. Thoroughly understands the route plan and communicates the outlined plan to the driver emphasizing time and distance calculations. Tracks driver’s hours of service to insure daily and weekly compliance. Assist in achieving weekly KPI’s (miles, dead head, revenue, on time performance, equipment utilization and report as required). Oversees and monitor ETAs and PTAs to safely and profitably dispatch and direct drivers. Monitor’s drivers work schedule and confirm that they are adhering to it. Communicates with the driver regularly to keep the drivers engaged on their assigned loads and addresses any issues as they arise. Assists other operations support staff as needed. Conduct daily check calls on every driver in TMS system.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation driver manager (3 years)
- Ensure driver availability
- Safety Compliance
- Provide maintenance support
- Organize driver route travel, ETA, PTA, delivery, proof of delivery submission, etc.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Residence: Memphis, TN
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- TMS software
- Monitored KPIs (miles, dead head, revenue, equipment utilization, revenue per vehicle, & on time performance)
- Bi-Lingual: English & Spanish
- Education: Associates or bachelor’s degree in communication, logistics or supply chain.
- Dedicated to drivers (willing to go the extra mile)
- Problem Solver (excellent facilitator with conflict resolution)
- Organized, multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Phone etiquette
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Emily Weaver
Truckload & Dedicated EWeaver@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.178Click here to apply online