Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opportunity for a Document Control Administrator. The Document Control Administrator is responsible for maintaining the integrity of documents within the Quality Management System, customer specifications and physical copies released to the manufacturing floor. It consists of reviewing and releasing quality documents, standard operating procedures and customer specifications while ensuring that all controlled physical copies are maintained and current. The pay range is $17/hr to $24/hr.
- Review completed Route Cards for completeness, create certifications, shippers, domestic & international shipping documentation. Review & ensure all information is correct. Upload or email certifications to customers. Schedule shipping trucks.
- Developing/reviewing/amending Quality / Process Procedures
- Reviewing Customer Specifications to ensure compliance
- Controlling and Releasing Quality / Process Procedures
- Updating Standard Operating Procedure books
- Act as the Quality management System Administrator, responsible for configuration, assigning responsibilities, and maintenance of the system
- Provide training on new procedures / revisions
- Assigning/Scheduling Specification Reviews
- Perform internal audits to assess compliance, including investigation observations, findings and reporting
- 2 year college degree and/or extensive experience in the specific field
- A minimum of 2 years working in an engineering or quality department, preferably within the aerospace industry.
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- Communication, computer literate, Quality Assurance practices
- Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point required to accomplish day-to-day work activities; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and specifications
- Understanding of an audit process and auditing of processes that is preformed
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)