The Docketing paralegal manages all prosecution correspondence for patent, copyright and trademark for U.S., Foreign and TTAB matters. The Docketing paralegal enters and maintains the IP docketing and electronic databases. This position is responsible for entering deadlines, related data, maintaining data integrity, intake requests, generating reports and electronic file wrappers in conjunction to keeping up with Rule Changes and knowing/understanding Country Rules.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence including paper and electronic mail, facsimiles, instructions and dockets and enters all information in docketing database
- Ensure all final deadlines are timely met
- Manage file intake requests
- Maintenance of electronic files in prosecution management database
- Research and retrieve information utilizing legal rule books (e.g., the MPEP, the TMEP, etc.), the United States Patent and Trademark Office website, Foreign Patent Office Websites, worldwide resources, etc.
- Coordinate and perform a diverse range of services required to accomplish client objectives and satisfy the Firm’s responsibilities to our client(s)
- Collaborate with clients to identify, establish, and maintain data integrity, processes and applicable databases that support client and Firm objectives
- Maintain the integrity of electronic data relating to clients’ intellectual property in accordance with firm policy and procedures
- Assess client-specific situations to improve client satisfaction
- May guide, mentor, or be a resource to others
- Adhere to established work schedule, but flexible to meet workload demands
- Other duties, tasks and projects as assigned
Click here to apply online