Divisional Director, East
About the Organization:
The organization is a professional membership association headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. The organization supports the role of human resources as a profession and provides education, certification, and networking to its members, while lobbying Congress on issues pertinent to labor management.
- Revenue: $113M
- Number of employees: 400
- Members: 285,000
The Divisional Director East will develop and implement comprehensive divisional strategies and initiatives to achieve engagement and retention of the organization at-large and in chapter members in assigned area. Position serves as the primary field services director in key strategy state(s) on behalf of the membership department of the organization. Directs and manages assigned Field Services Directors and Member Engagement Associate. Engage key affiliate volunteer leaders within their areas to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas regarding trends impacting the organization and the human resource profession.
- Implement and monitor strategic membership plan within their area. Hold Field Service Directors (FSD) accountable for driving results and Member Engagement Associates accountable for providing effective support to internal and external customers.
- Work directly with state councils and chapter volunteer leaders to grow membership, engage members and retain them as long term the organization members.
- Provide management direction, development, and performance coaching for assigned field staff to ensure that their area operates effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and implement budgets, forecasts, and financial resources within their areas.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with state councils, chapters, at-large the organization members, HR professionals and other stakeholders to advance the organization’s objectives on membership and other activities. Utilize a communication strategy that provides on-going exchange of information and ideas.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships within the organization to drive the success of initiatives and effectively leverage field team’s relationships with key volunteers.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with State Councils and SuperMega chapters in assigned state and support the FSD efforts in the key states within the division.
- Conduct presentations to the organization affiliates and outside stakeholder groups on behalf of the organization.
- Evaluate operational issues to determine whether current membership strategies are competitive and staying current with the latest trends within the Human Resource Management field.
- A bachelor's degree within Human Resources or Business required.
- Seven years of Director level experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience required; management of remote team members preferred.
- Communication proficiency, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstration of sound business acumen and strategic business processes.
- Outstanding customer focus and orientation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
SHRM certified – CP or SCP
This job requires travel 40-70%.