Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley has been producing magnesium and aluminum castings for the aerospace industry. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew there is an opening for a Divisional Accounting Clerk. The successful incumbent will provide accounting support for the division.
- Data entry, preparation and process of financial or account analysis, reports, statements, inventory, cheques, bank and internal reconciliation
- Preparation of journal entries for trial balance, financial statements, and reports
- Preparation and assistance with budgeting and forecasting information and analysis
- Maintenance of AR ledger and follow up on delinquent accounts
- Preparation and processing of month end accruals and procedures, and commission statements
- Support of internal and external audit process
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting discipline.
- 3-5 years practical experience in an office setting
- Quick learner, detail oriented a self-starter with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism. Must be able to perform under tight deadlines and be adept at multi-tasking.
- Analytical personality, able to provide accurate and thorough information in professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge/skill using Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)