Magellan Aerospace Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for dynamic and experienced Division General Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations (N.A) / Vice President (Region) Operations (Europe) the Division Manager, assumes full P & L accountability for the division. The Division Manager applies strong leadership and relationship management strategy for the business, to ensure operational efficiencies are realized and service excellence remains consistently high, while continuing to drive profitable growth through the management of a focused business development strategy. This role is all about strong leadership, getting the work completed safely, on time, within budget, to the right quality levels while driving improvement through change and innovation.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the current state of the business, relative to strategic Magellan objectives.
- Effectively deploy all the needed resources to effectively manage the business.
Develop, refine, and oversee the implementation of a long and short term strategic business plan, aligned to corporate strategy/objectives.
- Utilizes performance metrics that are developed to measure ongoing strategic success or areas for improvement.
- Strategically align with Customers and develop plans which include commitments to delivery, performance measures and price.
- Develop and action strategies to grow the business including focus on business development, development of new products and services.
Financial Management & Oversight
- Oversee the management of all financial matters for the facility, including cash and asset management, reporting, corporate & regulatory policies etc.
- Oversee development of comprehensive annual business plan (including budgets, forecasts, and operational targets) as well as the annual strategy plan (5 year forecast).
- Deliver on agreed specific/measurable financial goals (short & long term) that drive profitable business growth.
- Ensure divisional operating structure is optimally aligned to achieve efficiencies.
- Implement strategies to maximize the efficient use of resources and production processes across the site.
- Improve facility performance by successful implementation and maintenance of Corporate MOS (Magellan Operating System) processes.
- Direct continuous improvement efforts and oversee the organization's performance relative to quality of products and responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety practices and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure management of all internal business systems are operating optimally to direct, monitor and measure company resources.
- Effectively manage all business processes to reduce costs, enhance efficiency and productivity, and minimize errors and risk to protect and optimize corporate resources.
- Establish and maintain a strong safety culture within the organization for employee, customers and the general public.
- Maintain broad oversight of operations ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a regular internal and management review process and create action plans for improvement.
- Develop and maintain a strong culture of quality.
- Leadership directive to ensure that all site operations offer a safe environment for employees, customers, and general public.
Human Capital Management
- Lead multidisciplinary team which guides, motivates and develops all facility staff.
- Develop a culture of operational excellence, creative thought, and continuous improvement throughout a facility.
- Develop a strong and well-functioning Senior Team.
- Be a champion for change management.
- Develop a culture for optimizing, leveraging and improving the existing skills of human capital.
- Support Employee/Union Relations.
- Working knowledge of terms and conditions of employment (union contracts if applicable).
Procurement and Supply Chain
- Develop long term supplier relationships and strategies to provide cost savings and implement best practice as it relates to supplier management.
- Lead strategic supplier development, alignment, lead and participate in quarterly business reviews with key suppliers.
- Drive performance metrics including cost, supplier on-time delivery and inventory management.
- Lead and support a cross functional team regarding the Make/Buy process and applicable plans.
- Demonstrate leadership, optimize resources and work within Magellan policies and procedures at all times.
- Conduct business in an ethical manner at all times internally and externally with suppliers and customers.
- Engineering Degree; or Business Degree or Equivalent
- 8-10 years management experience
- Strong management acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General business knowledge
- Broad knowledge of ERP/SAP systems and total quality programs
- P&L responsibility of a company, branch or division of a relevant size and scope
- Senior management experience with precision/custom engineering manufacturing
- Operations experience using lean manufacturing tools
- Warehousing, distribution and logistics expertise.
- Demonstrated team development experience.
- Professional Engineer (electrical/mechanical) an asset
- Aerospace industry experience an asset.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!