Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting opportunity for a Division Manager. While reviewing the operating results of the facility, the successful incumbent will be responsible for managing and directing the organization toward its primary objectives, based on profit and return on capital. The Division Manager will play a key role in representing the organization with our major customers.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Establish current and long range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and Board approval.
- Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure.
- Review operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Plan and direct all investigations and negotiations pertaining to mergers, joint ventures, the acquisition of businesses, or the sale of major assets with approval of the Board of Directors
- Establish and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
- Represent the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the public
- Manage 6 direct reports who manage employees in the Finance, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Assurance, and Engineering Departments.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units along with 3 non-supervisory employees and 1 contract Supply Chain Manager
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; Engineering degree preferred; with 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Aerospace experience an asset
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Senior management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven experience in team leadership, mentoring, coaching to maximize employee potential
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.