Magellan Aerospace Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for dynamic and experienced Division General Manager . With rich history in the aerospace industry, the facility specializes in machining of titanium landing gear and critical components for structural wing/fuselage, and employs 90 professionals.
The core responsibility of the Division Manager is to assume full P&L accountability for the business, and work with the VP NA Operations team to refine, develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic business plan, aligned with the overall corporate strategy for Magellan. The Division Manager will apply strong leadership and relationship management skills to deliver a change management strategy for the business, to ensure operational efficiencies are realized and service excellence remains consistently high, while continuing to drive profitable business growth through the management of a focused business development strategy.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Regular employee hot lunches
• Free parking
• Develop in-depth understanding of the business relative to strategic Magellan objectives.
• Develop, refine and oversee the implementation of a long and short term strategic business plan, aligned to corporate strategy/objectives.
• Strategically align with customers and develop plans which include commitments to delivery, performance measures, and price.
• Utilize performance metrics that are developed to measure ongoing strategic success and to identify areas for improvement.
• Develop succession strategy and improve bench strength by facilitating and mentoring manufacturing organization leaders to be exceptional.
• Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of manufacturing team to ensure long-term health, productivity, with a high performance culture. Ensure appropriate skills and staffing levels are maintained.
Financial Management & Oversight
• Oversee the management of all financial matters for the facility, including cash and asset management, reporting, corporate & regulatory policies etc.
• Oversee development of comprehensive annual business plan (including budgets, forecasts, and operational targets).
• Set measurable financial goals (short & long term) that drive profitable business growth.
• Operational Excellence
• Ensure divisional operating structure is optimally aligned to achieve efficiencies.
• Improve facility performance by successful implementation and maintenance of Corporate MOS (Magellan Operating System) processes.
• Direct continuous improvement efforts and oversee the organization's performance relative to quality of products and responsiveness to customer requirements.
• Ensure all internal business systems are operating optimally to direct, monitor and measure company resources.
• Establish and maintain a strong safety and quality culture within the organization.
• Maintain broad oversight of operations ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain a regular internal and management review process and create action plans for improvement.
Human Capital Management
• Lead multidisciplinary team that guides, motivates and develops all staff.
• Develop a culture of operational excellence, creative thought, and continuous improvement throughout the facility.
• Develop a strong and well-functioning senior management team.
• Be a champion for change.
• Post-Secondary Education
• P&L responsibility of a company, branch or division of a relevant size and scope.
• Senior management experience with precision/custom engineering manufacturing.
• Operations experience using lean manufacturing tools.
• Experience with introducing and implementing continuous process improvement initiatives.
• Warehousing, distribution and logistics expertise.
• Demonstrated team development experience.
• Professional Engineer (electrical/mechanical) an asset.
• Aerospace industry experience an asset.
• Participated or been a lead in ERP systems conversions
• Experience managing in a unionized environment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!