We are seeking a resilient, self-starter to join our team as a District Sales Manager. The District Sales Manager will be responsible for building a sales territory through new account generation and increasing existing accounts. We are looking for a "hunter", someone with a passion for outside sales and a desire to build a sales territory through cold-calling and canvassing. The District Sales Manager role is a home office based position that includes 50-75% travel throughout the Bakersfield and the surrounding areas.
The District Sales Manager does NOT manage a staff. You are solely responsible for managing the full cycle sales process for the territory.
What We Offer:
- Base salary + uncapped commissions with high earning potential
- Company car and gas card, cell phone and laptop
- Comprehensive benefits plan to include: generous profit sharing and 401K plans, medical, dental, life insurance, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- New business development through cold calling and canvassing
- Implementing sales programs with existing accounts
- Developing proposals to generate new business
- Attending trade shows
- Reporting to regional office on sales progress
- You will be in the field 5 days a week
What we’re looking for:
- 3-7 years of successful selling and building client relationships experience, ideally within the Oil & Gas and Manufacturing industries
- Ability to develop strategic client relationships
- Ability to open new accounts
- Someone who is not afraid to cold call
- Someone who is competitive, likes to win
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
This is an excellent opportunity to make a direct impact on the growth of our business and your future.
Magid Glove & Safety offers excellent compensation that includes a share of the profits with no cap. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan to include generous profit sharing and 401K plans, medical, dental and life insurance, and more.
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clothing, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - minority/female/disabled/veteran