Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a District Sales Manager based in New England to manage sales.
As the DSM you will be responsible for:
- Providing industry-leading service
- Developing a rapport with customers
- Prospecting for new business
- Submitting accurate orders
- Customer forecasting
- Proactively problem-solving
- Cross-functional training between production, metallurgy, shipping and finance departments
- Maximizing company profitability by expanding customer base
- Traveling extensively to ensure superb customer service and face-to-face interaction with customers
Qualifications for the position include:
- 2+ years of outside sales experience including experience with customer service, resolving customer concerns, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Willing to travel extensively and relocate
Preferred qualifications include:
- Sales or leadership experience in the steel industry
- Sales experience in the Northeastern US
- 4 year college degree in business/marketing or field related to the steel business
Keywords: district sales manager, DSM, sales manager, sales supervisor, sales representative, sales, steel sales, sbq, special bar quality, mbq, merchant bar quality, steel bar sales