We are looking for an experienced District Manager to join our team!
The successful candidate will have several years of specialty retail experience in a leadership role as a District Manager. With a strong emphasis on customer service, products and visual presentation, the District Manager must be an effective problem solver and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. The District Manager is responsible for building and retaining a high-performing and diverse team of Store Managers as well as leading a group of Team Members. Through planning, coaching, and accountability the District Manager must motivate their team to provide superior customer service and in turn maximize sales. The candidate must have an understanding of business drivers, how to maximize profitability, and have the ability to ensure visual and operational standards are met consistently within the district.
District Manager candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule according to needs of the business to ensure district objectives including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Create, modify and execute district business strategies to drive sales results and achieve individual and district goals in line with company initiatives; Demonstrate a high-level of business acumen and understanding of company reporting
- Adjust and implement plans/directions/schedules and act with a sense of urgency to meet the changing priorities, district needs and demands of the business
- Effectively promote all brand initiatives to achieve individual and district goals
- Accountable for district results; Hold Store Managers accountable for performance to improve key metrics and drive sales
- Create and implement the talent strategy to develop high-performing and engaged store teams accountable for results
- Ensure talent is properly hired and adequately trained; Provide Store Management with in-the-moment feedback and coaching on selling behaviors, customer service, operational tasks, merchandising, etc.
- Manage the ongoing development of the district, including identifying and resolving performance issues and policy violations, in partnership with the Regional Manager and HR
- Network, recruit, interview and hire for Store Manager open positions and build a bench of talent
- Create and maintain a district culture that is committed to exceeding customer expectations and delivering the highest level of customer service at all times
- Communicate customer feedback, best sellers, business trends and recommendations
- Oversee merchandise standards to maximize sales within the district and escalate issues accordingly
- Monitor stores’ visual presentation execution, including floor set and promotional updates
- Ensure that store sales floors are full, sized, organized and clean and the backrooms are to brand standard
- Own district’s compliance to all company policies and procedures
- Conduct routine store audits as directed and formulate strategies to improve results as needed
- Lead the creation and implementation of strategies to achieve district shrink goals
- Review schedules to ensure proper floor coverage to meet business needs
- Proactively monitor and regulate district payroll and all other controllable expenses
- Oversee the maintenance of store safety standards and escalate store maintenance issues as needed
- 3 years of multi-store management experience preferred
- Physical ability to be on the sales floor for extended periods of time, and to move and handle merchandise and fixtures throughout the store which may entail lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Strong leadership presence, fashionable, passionate, acts with integrity, driven, accountable and a team player
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales goals, talent management, customer service, visual merchandising, and operations
- Must be able to routinely travel throughout the district
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred