AstraWorks is a recruiting agency focused on the Construction Design/Build market. We place professionals across various disciplines including Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental, Real Estate and Operations.
We partnered with an industry leading design firm to identify a Distribution Engineer.
- Prepare and develop distribution voltage construction packages for both overhead and underground projects, including distribution equipment installation, feeder replacement, cable replacement, and new feeder design.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Prepare calculations and assist with equipment specifications.
- Prepare proposals, engineering/project cost estimates, and execution schedules.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from accredited program required.
- Minimum 3 years distribution experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of overhead and underground construction methods and distribution system equipment.
- Experience conducting distribution field inspections.
- Understanding of distribution power flow.
- Experience with various distribution design tools, as well as GIS to aide in design.
- Knowledge of the NESC or GO95/GO128 rules and how they apply to distribution design.
- Knowledge regarding easements, right-of-way, and permitting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of devising new, more efficient approaches to solving problems and processes.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize work.
- Knowledge of utility telecommunications, distributed energy resource integration, and advanced distribution technologies is a plus.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification strongly preferred.