Distributions Center Supervisor plans, organizes, and oversees value added services and the packing of orders in preparation for shipment, and accordance with customer requirements.
- Supervises by mentoring personnel, providing constructive feedback, tracking employee attendance and performance metrics, resolving employee concerns, evaluating and documenting employee performance, and administering formal corrective and disciplinary action. Participates in the hiring process and makes recommendations for personnel decisions.
- Stays current on packing practices and procedures, and provides instruction and direction to VAS and packing staff in order to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Ensures packing equipment and supplies are in good working order and sufficient to meet distribution center goals in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintains the packing staff personnel structure and staffing level in order to accomplish DC goals in an effective and efficient manner.
- Works with contingency labor services to fill staffing level needs, and evaluates contingency workers’ performance using established metrics to make decisions on hiring recommendations.
- Plans and coordinates work assignments, monitors the completion of work orders and the packing of orders, and oversees the movement of completed items and packed orders from the to various areas within the distribution center.
- Trains, motivates, and monitors the distribution center staff.
- Creates and provides reports that accurately reflect the department’s performance productivity and quality.
- Assists with the distribution center budget process as it pertains to packing.
- Works closely with the distribution center management and other supervisors to improve processes and procedures, resolve work flow issues, and address personnel matters.
- Promotes safety in the distribution center by practicing safe work practices, addressing safety concerns, and conducting safety training delegated by management/the safety coordinator/safety team for distribution center employees and contingency workers.
- Positively contributes to the company and distribution center culture by displaying an exemplary attitude and work ethic, and promoting and participating in company events.
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Degree (or equivalent) required; Associates Degree in Business Management, Industrial Management, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of distribution center supervisory or Lead experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Able to work independently, or with little supervision.
- Uses sound judgement and takes proactive approach to solve issues.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities to ensure operational success.
- Continually works to improve and develop skills and knowledge.
- Maintains and improves process integrity by promoting and communicating changes.