Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Disability & Employee Benefit Specialist position at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and facilitate the return to work of injured or ill employees.
- Perform all administrative aspects of claims processing and return to work.
- Coordinate all external medical specialists, consultants, or therapists regarding in-house assessments, job demand analysis or work area reviews in support of disability case management.
- Develop and make recommendations for improvements to the company’s disability management and return to work policies.
- Arrange data into spreadsheets and payroll system.
- Administer employer group benefit plans including enrolling, billing, auditing, and review benefits with employees.
- Monthly benefit invoice reconciliations.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 2-4 years disability management/return to work and benefit administration experience (or a combination of experience) is required.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources or related field is required.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Disability Management (CPDM) would be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with standard office equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Office, etc).
- Understanding of benefit packages that include extended health care, dental care, vision care, short term / long-term disability insurance and group life insurance.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the read
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.