endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
As the Director, Category Sourcing Lead, you will have the opportunity to
Co-develop the global Industrial Cost Category strategy and lead the development of the regional Sourcing strategy to deliver a balanced value and driven differentiation for the global organization. We are redefining the way we handle indirect procurement, and we would like you to be part of it and lead our efforts through.
You are responsible for
- The strategic procurement (category sourcing) of the full Industrial Category for the Americas region (North & Latin America) including Logistics (Warehousing & Transportation), Real Estate & Energy, and Industrial (CAPEX, MRO, Test & Measurement Services)
- You lead and will be accountable for the end-to-end portfolio performance of both regional and global suppliers led out of the Americas region
- You will contribute to a high-performance team culture to adopt innovation and encourage others through your behavior: being open, adventurous, inclusive and committed to the company Business Systems and values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as business partner towards the senior regional stakeholders of Supply Chain and Manufacturing Teams
- Develop and implement regional category sourcing strategy
- Manage Supplier Relationships, Performance and Contracting based on clear targets and ongoing Business Review Meetings with key suppliers
- Leading a team of strong procurement professionals, supporting their development and performance.
- Define and run a strong funnel approach of Procurement (Price) and Demand (Quantity) initiatives
- Program manages the execution of the Q-Funnel in alignment with Business, Markets and Functions
- Plan and perform Supply Base Optimization actions (sourcing savings)
- Plan and execute negotiation roadmaps with suppliers by applying outstanding negotiation skill set.
You are a part of
- The Spend Management organization within the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC). Spend Management covers the procurement activities of all indirect (non-product related) materials and services within the organization covering such areas as logistics, industrial, real estate, marketing, IT, facility management, and travel.
- As we spend approximately €5 billion annually on indirect services and products, this organization plays a key role to achieve critical metrics. A Spend Management transformation has been started recently to ensure that we get the most value out of every euro spent. You have an opportunity to join a diverse, dynamic and multi-functional team, seeking to create a significant impact on our company.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Strategic/Category Sourcing, Commodity Management and/or Procurement Engineering or comparable roles.
- Strategic sourcing experience in Logistics Downstream categories such as Warehousing and Road transportation.
- Shown capability in running sophisticated global suppliers on senior management and executive level.
- Proven track record in achieving outstanding negotiation results by applying creativity and innovation in your negotiation approach.
- Experience in supplier strategy development
- Exceptional Communication and Negotiations skills (e.g. Game Theory)
- Independent problem solver with strong networking & influencing skills on senior business management and executive levels (internal and external)
- Dynamic, inclusive and inspiring leader who can lead virtual teams
- Experience in related functional areas such as Supply Chain or Operations is a plus
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.