Director of Woman's Health Services
The Director of Women’s Health Services assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of patient care with 24 hour responsibility for total management of the Women’s Health Services Department. Provides administrative direction for development and evaluation of all nursing personnel, and maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services. Contributes to nursing and the hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational and research efforts. Accountable to assure that HCAHPS, patient, employee, and physicians satisfaction scores are all in acceptable ranges. Accountable for building and directing teams to improve core measures and other Joint Commission initiatives. Has ongoing dialogue with nurses both one on one and in regularly scheduled staff meetings. Is proactive in identifying needs of the unit and staff and resolves issues to improve patient care and supports nursing leadership direction. Is a positive reactor assuring new initiatives and practices are followed consistently without bias.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ensures compliance with the Nurse Practice Act , The Joint Commission and Title 22 standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital policies and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to clinical personnel and medical staff, as well as ability to interact well with the public.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Cerner.
- Accountable for skill development in department.
- Demonstrates emergency effectiveness.
- Advanced certification in clinical specialty encouraged for staff.
- Ensures that the department has equipment and supplies necessary to provide consistent quality.
- Five to seven years of clinical experience in Women’s Health Services as a Registered Nurse required.
- Competence in the assessment, treatment and care of the specific patients served.
- Minimum 3 years acute care nursing leadership experience in Women’s Health Services required, demonstrating leadership ability, communications, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with physicians, management, staff, external agencies/customers and patients/families.
- Development of Quality and Safety goals and objectives to generate change and results.
- Experience in implementing programs to decrease maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality, including but not limited to Alliance for Innovation in Maternal (AIM) Healthcare bundles.
- Experience in data analysis to drive clinical, quality and operational outcomes.
Required Education and Certifications
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification through the American Heart Association.
- CPI Certified within 30 days of hire.
- Specialty Certification preferred.
For Consideration on this position or for information on other Nursing positions please contact.Hoss Melton
Recruiter / Healthcare Specialty Practice
Direct Line 323-515-8299